Monday, June 1, 2009

So...a month ago today I was in Guatemala. I finally caught up with my group (I had passport problems). In any case, the trip was a blast...and definitely worth it. Here are some highlights from the trip.

Here is the trip in 10 pictures.

I had passport problems so I had to stay in Houston while everyone else went on to Guatemala. But I had a BLAST!

I did get my new passport (only took about 6 hours of waiting in line and the like...it actually was kind of fun....except the fact I got pooped on. Go figure.

I met a lot of cool people. Got back to the airport, got to guatemala, found a taxi, got a hotel, got back to the airport, and rode this awesome plane up to northern Guatemala.

We got to see Mayan ruins...and I climbed most of the temples that they had there. WOW they are amazing.








Ate a fruit called a "Snot fruit" You can see why...
(if you didn't get it...it looks like snot...see...) haha



Then we got to work. I mostly filmed for my school work (thats how I got to go in the first place) and did some assisting here and there...pumping and such. In fact...I even learned how to give shots of anesthetic and how to pull teeth. Man...I am cool haha.









Its actually a lot harder than it looks. Especially with a fro in your face. I knew I should have gotten a haircut before I left! But still way fun. Should I be a dentist? (Vote...)


Stood on top of red hot lava (some people's shoes melted) ...







And I think the best part was this kid made me give him my sun glasses in order to get a good enough deal for some souveniers. Haha. It was a pretty good deal though..glasses included!

Overall, it was an amazing trip...and I wish I could go back. It was definitely an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. you have poofy hair in that volcano shot. And how did I not know about your blog until now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark! You are so cool...and now you have pictures to prove it. I am proud to call you my cousin.

    ReplyDelete