Thursday, October 21, 2010

People are amazing

Whether or not anyone reads my blog is irrelevant to me. I like to think I have a massive following (of at least 5 or so)...

Anyway, most people I associate with regularly know that I'm working on a documentary right now for my final senior project. The documentary (with the working title "I am not my body") is going to focus on the life of a remarkable young man named Marius Dasianu. (Watch a short video about his story at mariusmovie.blogspot.com ... Don't judge me for my shameless plugs for donations).

A few years ago, he was in a fire at his home in Romania. The fire burned more than 75% of his body. FAST FORWARD nearly 3 years, and he is in the US receiving high quality medical care for his injuries.

I had the honor of meeting this amazing young man yesterday...and I'll have the opportunity to spend a fair amount of time with him in the next few weeks/months.

All I can say is, WOW. I'll write another post on that a bit later.

Along with that, I want to talk briefly about some of the people that I've (we've) met on this trip already.

And I'm continually amazed by how genuine and kind people are all throughout the world. It blows me away every time I think about how a family will welcome in random people with open arms and be so hospitable to them. I can't be thankful enough for the kindness and hospitality that families in Las Vegas, and now San Diego have extended to me and my group so freely.

People can overcome.

People are amazing.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad this documentary is finally working out! i can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete