Saturday, February 5, 2011

A rather random update

Forgive me for my selfish nature in this post, but Mark: My Words...there will be something much more interesting next time.

February is such an interesting month. First, the month gives up early at only 28 days. Second, its one of the only "dates" that is confusing as to its correct pronunciation. Feb-ru-ary. Or is it Feb-u-ary? Its kind of like Wed-nes-day. Or is it Wens-day? Who really knows? In any case, that isn't the point.

As I start this post, I regret to inform you that I unfortunately had to reset the countdown calculator to graduation. While I will be completely done with classes (I hope) as of April 2011, I won't officially graduate until June 2011, and then I won't walk and see my name on the program (yes..it IS that important) until August 2011. Why you ask? Why not? In all reality, I missed the April graduation deadline because my documentary isn't quite done yet. As odd as it seems, I am actually really happy that I get to push back graduation for a few more weeks/months. Its definitely making this semester just slightly (very slightly) less stressful, which I welcome with open arms after last semester's crazy awesomness.

Which brings me to my latest point, what should I do after graduation?

Just to give you a bit of my college qualifications, I'm graduating with university honors with a bachelor's in Communications with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism (*gasp for breath*), and with a double minor in business management and political science.

The natural track would be for me to go somewhere in the US and be a weatherman while I take online classes to officially become a meteorologist. Cool? Yes. I think so. The pay stinks, and I'd probably be in the middle of nowhere, but it would be fun.

Second, I could move to Washington, D.C. and get a job on or around Capitol Hill. I have some contacts that have expressed interest in having me come their way, so that is an option as well.

I love business, public speaking, and real estate, and could easily see myself getting into some aspect of one of those businesses after graduation.

Finally, I have siblings in Washington, Oregon, Indiana, and Virginia who have all suggested I come to live out their way. What would I do? Who knows. But it would be a change of scene, which could be great.

Over the last few months I've asked a few people what they see as some of my strengths, and what types of "jobs" they could see me in.

Most all of them suggested some sort of spokesman, business consultant, motivational or public speaker, or something in sales.

So now, what do you think? What should I be when I grow up? :-) Ready, set, vote

As a nice end note, isn't this the most fun and creative commercial you've seen in a while?

1 comment:

  1. move to wisconsin!!

    or do pretty much anything else. you have lots of good skills and will probably be incredibly successful with whatever you choose. find something fun and run with it ( :

    ReplyDelete