Sunday, September 11, 2011

We will never forget.

Today is September 11. There are so many other people that can write so much more profoundly than I--I can only share my own thoughts the best I can. It amazes me that 10 years have already gone by. I can still remember exactly where I was on that day, in 2001 when I first heard about the attack on the World Trade Center, and then later on the Pentagon.




 I watched the towers fall on live television. Like many, I waited for what seemed like an eternity for news from family who worked close to the towers. It is clearly a day that changed the hearts of Americans forever.


In the face of those terrible attacks, we stood with broken hearts because of the tragic loss of life that day. Many of those who lost a mother or father, spouse, or family member continue to mourn for their loved ones who will never come home, but are forever engrained in memory.


So often we hear the phrase, "We Will Never Forget"and "We Remember." I love that one of the major news outlets is encouraging us to remember by serving someone else. It is a fitting memory to those who lost their lives--especially those who gave their lives willingly so that those trapped in the towers, and the pentagon could be saved. 




And we cannot forget the brave souls on Flight 93 who "served" who knows how many people by giving their lives so that another attack would be stopped.




I find myself thinking more and more about those who helped clean everything up. 




They searched for survivors. They picked up the pieces so that we could start fresh and build something in those areas again. Just like they "picked up the pieces" so that there could be a new beginning, I can also "pick up the pieces" in my own life. I know I have so many short comings. But I can start over and have a new beginning--and the great thing is that the best part is yet to come.



In Memory of the more the 3,000 people that were lost. We Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment