Sunday, July 4, 2010

Au Revoirs (until we meet again)

Paris is still awesome. Thats all there is to it. Its the city of love, of lights, and of a lot of fun.

But all good things must come to an end. Tonight was our last day in Paris, and tomorrow morning (after some good Pan au Chocolats), we'll get on a bus and go to Lausanne, Switzerland. But that is for another day.

So, the morning started and I decided to do some laundry. Theres nothing like doing laundry in the bathtub :-) We went to church, and saw someone who was on national news about 8 years ago, so that was kind of random. Surprisingly, a lot of the people in our group knew people from the Paris ward we went to. It was really funny. Church was translated for us and about 50 other people into English and we watched the meeting on a screen in a different room. It was testimony meeting, and it was really a great meeting.

After church, a large part of the group went to the Pompidou, which is this random Modern art museum. The exterior of the building is pretty cool because it actually has the escalator outside the building. The building is weird, and the art inside is even weirder. Kind of interesting to look at though.

Next, we hit up Saint Chappelle, which is this really cool church connected to the palace of justice (Police headquarters). The chapel has some really amazing and intricate stained glass windows that just glow like a florescent flashlight when the sun hits it. It was amazing.

By that time, we were starving so we got some lunch at some random store. I got a turkey coriander and something else sandwich. It was actually pretty good. And I had to finish up the meal with some great Gelato of course! Frozen yogurt and chocolate mousse...SO GOOD!

Headed back to the hotel to finish up some homework (lame, I know), and then a few hours later, we went to the Latin quarter to get some quick crepes. I had no idea what I had been missing my whole life. I got a crepe with egg and cheese, and it ROCKED. I totally am going to make them at home now. I got one with nutella and banana for a friend too, and so I ate some of it. It was very good as well. BUt the egg one was better :-)

Then, back onto the metro to meet up with the rest of the group on the Champs Elisees and for the Arc de Triomphe. We met up with them and waited around for a while taking pictures, but finally just went up. Needless to say, it was amazing.

I wasn't able to see everything I wanted to...not even close. But there was still some amazing things I got to see, and I'm not complaining one bit. It was a-maze-ing.

Now, its off to bed after I've finished more homework. I love traveling, and I love paris. Je t'aime, Paris. but since I'm leaving tomorrow morning, Au Revoirs. Until we meet again. (And I know that we will).

No comments:

Post a Comment