Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A day in a paragraph...or so

Simply for simplicity (you like my redundancy?) I will briefly tell you about today in one paragraph. How long that paragraph will be, is TBD. Don’t judge.
We went to two different businesses today. First, Wal-mart (Seiyu). It was really interesting to hear about how business is different for them in Japan compared to the US. Plus, they gave us “I love KY” pens. I laughed. They aren’t talking about Kentucky or the jelly. It’s a shortened meaning for “I love every day low prices” Go figure.
They fed us some lunch, we went shopping in their store (I loaded up on werther’s original, a pepsi, and authentic tim tams. I’m so adventurous.) and we had class in a random park. Only half of the group got eaten alive by killer ants the size of my mother’s house. Okay, they weren’t that big. But they were that annoying.
Second was Disney (everything for Japan but the theme parks in Japan). They gave us water and I was happy. (It was hot outside!). Once again, I love Disney and it was a great visit. Man. Disney rocks.
A few of us went to Uniqlo, which is a clothing store. I had high hopes of being able to buy some clean clothes, but once again my hopes were dashed. I did learn something about myself though. I am MUCH too big to be Japanese. My waist was fine, but my butt was way too big. Go figure. Stupid butt.
Then, to finish up the day, we had a scavenger hunt. We ran. And lost. But we all still got ice cream out of it! And when one gets ice cream, it is never a bad day.

Crap…I wrote 6 paragraphs instead of 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment